I thought it might be helpful to keep a running update on what we’re working on so we can keep you in the loop.
This will give you an idea of what’s available for waitlist, open for orders, and what we will be dyeing next.
I usually update the “Announcements” post in the VFA Ravelry group as well.
If you need more information about “How the Waitlist Works”, there’s a separate post here.
We work on a variable 6-8 week cycle depending on the season.
Right now this is what we’re working on:
Most recent news update 6/28/18
To email: use the Contact Us form on the front page.
All outstanding orders have shipped, or will be picked up tomorrow.
VFA will be closed 6/29- 7/20 for a move + studio construction for most of July. No listings will be open during this time.
Amy will be available via email for yarn chicken emergencies, questions, or if you just want to say “Hi” and offer motivation unpacking cheers and/or bulk shipments of ibuprofen. There is a “Contact Us” form on the front page of the website or you can PM via Ravelry.
NEW WAITING LIST:
Please join the waiting list for any products (colorway + base yarn) you would like to purchase in the future. The upgrade on the new waiting list feature is now complete. Under “My Account”, you will now see all the items in one place for which you have joined the associated waiting lists. Please log in, review and update your preferences (including which base yarn you prefer).
The waiting list is like a reservation, and dictates how much I dye of each product. A “product” is a yarn + length + colorway + base yarn. For example, “Lux 150g Rhinebeck High Twist” is a product. It is a different product from “Lux 150g Rhinebeck Tencel” and “Lux XL 225g Rhinebeck High Twist”. When you’re joining the waitlist for a product, you’re basically RSVPing. Please help me out by giving me a heads up that you would like something before orders open for that product. As I restock, I will now make 110% of whatever the waitlist count is on that product. This should eliminate backorder headaches, split shipments, and help orders ship more quickly.
Please note policy change: as of 5/1/18, if we are short-stocked on a product, and you did not previously join the waiting list for that product, your item may be subject to backorder and it will hold your whole order up. For example, if you have joined the waiting list for “Lux 150g Rhinebeck Tencel”, but then you order “Lux 150g Rhinebeck High Twist”, you can change your mind and order High Twist, but your order may be backordered for a few weeks. ** To repeat, if you want to order something you previously didn’t waitlist for, you absolutely can.** You just might have to wait a bit longer to get it, because I’m going to strongly prioritize orders for people who have RSVPd via the waiting list. If you want your order split, and that backorder shipped separately to follow, we can do that. I will invoice you separately for the additional shipping cost on that backorder.
If you need technical assistance with the waiting list function, please contact us so that I can help you (and help you help me!)
NEW 100G END YARDAGE SKEINS: This will be a great new option for those who make really big projects, or for those who want to use the solid end yardage separately for a different project. It will be listed with the base yarn options going forward, and will be less expensive than buying 4 separate end yardage skeins (e.g. for Lux, $23/100g vs. 28$ (4 x $7/25g). It will also have fewer joins. Please join the waiting list if you are going to need a 100g end yardage skein, so that we make enough in the dyelot to match a main gradient (if you plan on ordering one).
Some things to consider:
1 ) It is always best to order your main gradient and your end yardage *on the same order* so that the dyelot can be matched as closely as possible. Since there is no mad dash required for any listing ever, you have time to consider how much yardage you will need for a certain project if you already have one in mind.
2) If you are placing a second order to add on some end yardage to a previous order, please write in the order notes that you are trying to match it. We will do the best we can with the dyelots we have. Most of the time the match is pretty good, even if it’s not the same exact dyelot because all batches are tightly controlled for pH, temperature and dye concentration. The longer the lag time there is between the two orders, the higher the chance there is of getting a different dyelot. If you do not specify that you are trying to match a gradient on a previous order, we will not assume that’s what you want.
3) When you are adding on end yardage (any kind) please make sure you are matching your end yardage base yarn to your main gradient base yarn. I tend to catch these discrepancies, but as we add staff, it is likely someone will fill the order *exactly* how it’s written.
4) 100g end yardage skeins will ship in skein form. If you would like it wound into a ball instead, we can do that for you as an additional service. See “Additional Services” in the shop for pricing.
NEW SERVICE OPTIONS:
1. SPECIAL WINDING REQUESTS: If you need end yardage wound into balls, or want a gradient reverse wound (opposite of how it’s shown in the main photo in the shop listing), we can do that for you. Some people don’t have a swift and ballwinder, or are unable to/not wanting to wrangle it out to use it for that particular order. We are happy to take special requests as an additional service. See “Additional Services” in the shop for pricing.
2. SPECIAL OCCASIONS/GIFTS: Please consult the most recent News Update for shipping guidance when planning for gifts and special occasions. If you have an urgent need for a special occasion or gift when placing an order, please contact me to see if it’s possible to have the order expedited. Additional charges may apply (There’s a flat expedite charge, plus split shipping if there are additional items on the order.)
3. SPLIT/GIFT SHIPPING: We can split an order and have an item sent to a friend if you want. We’ll ship your part for free and invoice you for the shipping to the third party address. Please specify if you want a free greeting card.
If anyone needs a status update on an order, please email me directly at Amy at Vivid Fiber Arts or you can message me on Ravelry or on Facebook. Our weekend is generally Monday/Tuesday. I aim to get back to people within 24 hours, usually sooner. I check my spam folder every day, but if you haven’t gotten a response from me, it’s likely an email issue so check your spam folder too.
The following things are backordered:
No backorders at this time.
COMING SOON: SUMMER 2018
- Morning Glory
- Galaxy (High Twist)
- New Summer 2018 colorways (?)
COMING SOON: EARLY FALL 2018:
- All Fade To Blacks- Allsorts, Crimson Nocturne, Blue Nocturne, Bewitched, Haunted Forest
- WOOL: (tentative)
RETURNS/EXCHANGES: We have a 30 day return/exchange policy. If your pink was too pink, your red wasn’t red enough, your blue was too purple, your purple wasn’t purple enough, your red was too red, you want to switch base yarns or yarn lengths- whatever the reason just shoot me an email via the contact page. We’ll either get you something else more to your liking or arrange for a return/refund. Due to the extremely generous nature of this policy, we adhere strictly to 30 days from delivery date. After that point, please feel free to take advantage of the VFA Ravelry group “ISO/Destash” thread.
Any questions at all, please use the contact form on the front page or contact me through Ravelry.